Ready To Travel Internationally?
Make Sure You Have A Passport.

Passport Application Requirements

  • Application must be filled out, black ink or typewritten is required
  • APPLICATION MUST BE SIGNED AT THE CLERK OF COURTS OFFICE. Your signature must be witnessed in this office
  • One Picture, 2” by 2”, taken within the last six months. (Must be regulation passport picture)
  • Certified copy of birth certificate. This must have raised seal on it. Birth certificates can be obtained at any Heath Department in the State of Ohio. You MUST have been born in the State of Ohio. Old passports or naturalization papers are acceptable
  • Driver’s license needed for identification. If you are a minor and do not drive, a parent must accompany you when applying. Their driver’s license is used as identification
  • Personal check or money order made payable to U.S. Department of State for:
    • $130.00 for 16 years of age or older (good for ten years)
    • $100.00 for under the age of 16 years (good for five years’)
    • $60.00 for expedite application
  • An additional Application Fee of $35.00 on all passports. Can be either be credit card, cash, check, money order made payable to the Clerk of Courts

Check the U.S. Department of State website below for Up-To-Date Processing Times.  There is an ADDITIONAL FEE to expedite your passport.

U.S. Department of State

Passports are valid for the following amounts of time.

Adults (16 years old and above) are valid for  10 years.  Children under 16 years old are valid for 5 years

Fee Type and Amount

Passport Fee – $130.00

Clerk of Courts Fee – $35

Passport Fee – $100

Clerk of Courts Fee – $35.00

Passport Fee – $30.00

Clerk of Courts Fee – $35.00

Passport Fee – $15.00

Clerk of Courts Fee – $35.00

Frequently Asked Questions

To submit an application for a child under age 14, both parents or the child’s legal guardian(s) must appear and present the following:

  • Evidence of the child’s U.S. citizenship,
  • Evidence of the child’s relationship to parents/guardian(s) AND
  • Parental/guardian identification.


    • Second parent’s notarized written statement consenting to passport issuance for the child,
    • Primary evidence of sole authority to apply, OR
    • A written statement (made under penalty of perjury) explaining the second parent’s unavailability.

Each minor child applying for a passport book and/or passport card must appear in person.